Monday, December 29, 2008

台灣小吃探索 Taiwan Snacks Are the Best!

Last year I actually made myself back to Taiwan for Christmas Day although most of Taiwanese are not Christians. During my one week stay I tried to catch up my favorite Taiwan snacks. Here are some:

Stinky Tofu (臭豆腐) - They are not rather stinky or smelly but crispy outside, juicy and tasty inside. You gotta try this if had chance. Available in most of the night markets in Taiwan. Never seen one in the U.S.







Bubble Tea or Boba Tea (珍珠奶茶) - One of the most famous Taiwan drinks. In US it usually costs three dollars but in Taiwan it's less than one dollar. There are several tea shop chains in Taiwan serve Bubble Tea, but I personally love "Chun Shui Tang" (春水堂) the best.










Tofu Pudding (豆花) - The pudding is made from soybean as how tofu is made, and it goes well with Boba. The Three Brothers (三兄弟) do a good job at putting red bean to each of the Boba to bring the mouthfeel to the next level.








To be continued....

No comments: